Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Something something something. Caldecott Honor (!!!)

So many months (and so many adventures) have passed since my last post that I think I'm just going to have to skip over a ton of things and go straight to this:


It is still hard to believe this actually happened. I've been pinching myself a lot.



On the morning of February 2nd I received a phone call from a room of cheering Caldecott committee members, telling me that my book NANA IN THE CITY had won a Caldecott Honor. Wow. Whoa. Oh my gosh.
Stunned.
Overwhelmed.
Elated.
Just a few of the many emotions I've felt these last several weeks.
I am truly humbled.



To know that the committee saw something special in my little book just blows me away. I cannot wait to thank them in person and accept the award at the annual ALA conference in San Fransisco this June.

For now, here's a little Times Square marquee thank you.  ♡♡♡


Thank you, Caldecott committee! from Lauren Castillo on Vimeo.